Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

99 F 250 super duty diesel replaced both batteries and now i

Customer Question

99 F 250 super duty diesel replaced both batteries and now i do not have any electrical power at all.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did any arcing occur when the batteries were replaced at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not see any but I am thinking there must have been because I could jump start the truck before replacing the battery's
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Does anything power up like the lights,horn,etc.?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,it looks like your model has a fusible link in line leading from the starter to the main fuse panel.It sounds like this fusible link may have blown needing replaced.You will need to locate the gray wire leading from the starter to the fuse panel under hood and see if this wire is burned.You may have to tug on this wire to see if it stretches and breaks and if it does then it needs replaced with a new fusible link wire.It looks to be a 12 gauge wire.Below is the diagram of your main power feed of this fusible link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kws4704phcvky1/di-08-02.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have to brake off for now. the phone keeps ringing
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very well
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Thanks