Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 2008 ford f 250 with 6.4 engine when you bleed the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford f 250 with 6.4 engine when you bleed the fuel sistem it start raigh a way and work ok for one or two days and the problem come back certainly it don't start again and you have to re bleed the fuel sistem and it start again for other one or two days I don't have any codes do you have idea what may be
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: 250
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I well some body already replace the hight pressure and lift pump
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No they just quit
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you running OEM or a aftermarket fuel filter?

Any signs of a fuel leak seen anywhere at connections?

Are you getting alot of air during the bleed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No And i don't have any saings of leaks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My filter is original
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is some air out when I bleed

Are you saying you have never replaced the fuel filter? I have got to run but will be back in about 4-5 hours.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No we replace the filter with original brand

4-5 hours, F250 rear tire blow out, new tires, turned into 9 hours., sorry.

With your fuel gauge hooked up, start the engine and open the release valve on your gauge, see if the fuel is coming out aerated. Block off one head at a time and recheck the aeration. If either head is blocked off and the concern is gone, suspect an injector or injector o-ring issue. If both heads are completely blocked off, and still aerated, there is likely a high pressure pump issue. Check for metal contamination in the fuel. If that is found, the pump and injectors and most of the fuel system will likely need to be replaced.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well that's what I think because they already replace the pumps the only step left is replace the injectors

Glad I could help.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tejanos Chris I'm sorry but I don't have chance to work in that truck yet a soon as I get some results I let you know