Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

The 6 cd changer will not load any cd. Get cd error message

Customer Question

The 6 cd changer will not load any cd. Get cd error message 2002 f350
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes and disconnected the battery to try to reset. Did not work
JA: What is the model of your '02 Ford?
Customer: F350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Disconnected battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: At first it would not eject any cd finally got them all out then wouldn't reload
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The 6 disc changer in the dash is a very common component to fail. The position sensors inside fail and the cartridge no longer knows where it is, so it gives this error. You have already tried the reset so the only option now left is a radio replacement. If you need the Ford info on this concern i can provide it.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is the information I need to order new unit and how do you remove the radio from dash

Below is a link on radio RR and once out the label on it will have the part number.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris