Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I'm trying to locate the fuse for the camshaft position

Customer Question

I'm trying to locate the fuse for the camshaft position sensor on my 2009 Ford Escape, V6 3.0. Wire got tore on for the plug, but I need to check the fuse.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I am getting the Ford repair kit with a new plug tomorrow. But need to check the fuse for this sensor as well.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am also getting a P706 Code for the transmission range sensor A circuit/range performance. I am guessing they may use the same fuse?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** fuse #28 under the hood and see if it is ok, this fuse sends power to cam sensors and TR sensor for the transmission along with several other sensors.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked #28 fuse under the hood. It looks fine. And there IS power on the one post.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, you should be able to replace the cam sensor connector and be all set with that. The TR code may be a bad TR sensor since it is a performance code and not a circuit fault code.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. I will get the NEW plug installed tomorrow, and see how it performs from there. Thank you for the advice!
Expert:  Scott W. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your business!!

Expert:  Scott W. replied 4 months ago.

Please take the time to rate my service when you are finished, thank you, Scott