Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How would insufficient coolant Temperature for closed loop

Customer Question

How would insufficient coolant Temperature for closed loop fuel control for a predetermined period of time keep the truck from starting ?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Have't noticed any difference. Don't drive it very much
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: !996 V8 5.0 2wD
JA: What year is your V8?
Customer: 1996
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked coolant level. OK. checked fire coming from coil. Replaced Rotor it didn't look bad but I replaced it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The coolant overflow was full. So, it must not have been pulling it back in as needed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Insufficient coolant temperature such as a stuck open thermostat would cause the engine to run to rich but would not cause a no start. If you having a no start issue its not likely related. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. Can you check each one of these things to determine which your lacking when it will not start and post back with this, I will help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.