sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My turn signals and my check oil light and my brake waqrning

Customer Question

my turn signals and my check oil light and my brake waqrning light is on
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: i checked that but why no signals and chj
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: heck engin
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 1993
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: iy just hqappened are those items linked and my battery shows low charge
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have a handful of different issues going on. The check oil light could be on due to a level sensor issue or low oil level. The first thing you'll want to do there is check the oil level.

If the red brake warning light is on it's either because of low fluid level or a fluid switch issue, or it's seeing the emergency brake is on. You could have a wiring issue or bad switch on the brake assembly.

There are many things that could be causing the turn signals to not work, especially depending on what vehicle it is. You may have a bad flasher, switch, a wiring issue, or it may simply be a blown fuse.

The engine light is on because the engine controller has seen a failure somewhere in a monitored component or system and has set a fault coee. Literally any failure in the powertrain will turn the engine light on. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting.