Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2006 Ford explorer rear wheel hub remove and replace

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

To remove and replace the rear wheel hub will require the use of some special tools. The knuckle will need to be removed from the vehicle and the hub/bearing will need to be pressed in and out of the knuckle. I've wrapped up the procedures and tools you will need into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/1cLPLI

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Walter, if there are any other questions you have on this, or any part of the procedure you need more detail on, please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Walter! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did the PDF file I sent help you get the hub replaced? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..