Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My 87 ford f250 pu with 460 motor has a fatique problem with

Customer Question

my 87 ford f250 pu with 460 motor has a fatique problem with the firewall which effects the clutch
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no slipping trouble shifting
JA: What year is your F250?
Customer: 1987
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new bushings in the pedal assembly a cooling wrap on the slave cylinder
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I need to find a ford repair part for the firewall you can hear a creaking sound when depressing the clutch pedal
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The problem you are describing was a known issue and Ford released a service bulletin dealing with this and the needed repair. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below with the part number for the repair kit. The problem you are going to have is finding one due to the age of the truck. I would try contacting your Ford dealer and have them place it on there Ford search hotline and maybe they can locate one for you .