Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

I am working on my 2005 6.0 diesel- trying to remove

Customer Question

Hello-I am working on my 2005 6.0 diesel- trying to remove injectors on right side..I have the valve cover off and oil rail removed- trying to break the hold down torx head bolts that hold the injectors down...My 1/4 inch T30 on a socket just rounded off so I grabbed on that was not on a socket- while trying to get it on the torx head hold down bolt it fell in the hole next to the injector-Im thinking this goes all the way to the oil pan?- can you tell me where the hole goes and what I need to do?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please cancel question- I found it
Expert:  Ray M. replied 4 months ago.

so glad to hear you found it, something the size of a torx bit would likely lay t the lower side of the rocker carrier, anything smaller would drop into the oil pan.