James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Only looking for a mechanic that has experience with this

Customer Question

only looking for a mechanic that has experience with this problem. 2008 F250 after shutting door and starting truck and I push window switch to lower there is a buzzing sound coming out of the switch and dome light comes on and Driver ajar light comes on, window does not roll down. If I open the door the window will work fine if door is open, or if I drive for a while switch will work fine and all windows will work. I have changed door ajar relay and installed new door latch still not working. I also have removed plug for wires coming from door to fire chassis and used compressed air on plug and pins and still does not work.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
Hello, the last two times I have seen this concern it is broken wires in the door. Between the door and the connector the wires break. You need to push the rubber grommet to the side to find the broken wires and repair them.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
traced wires and dont see any breaks all the way to the plug in the door no frayed wires and have pulled each wire to see if any breaks. None
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
If there are no broken wires the only other concern I found was a faulty smart junction box.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wondering if it may be power window relay?
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
I don't have direct access to a diagram but they are controlled internally in the smart junction box without a serviceable relay