Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

A/c in fTristan is hot at idle but cool at 45 miles an hour,

Customer Question

A/c in f(###) ###-####Tristan is hot at idle but cool at 45 miles an hour
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: V8
195000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Coolant
No. I do not think I am certified to to this job. Simple maintenance yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: In is hot in Texas. It could be the blend door and actuator.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

If you have a manual style A/C and the vents move to defrost ecah time you go to idel, yes it is the blend door system. If you stay on the air the whole time, then no. The issue will eitehr be the refrigerant is low, the expansion valve/orifice tube is bad, or the engine fan is not engaged and allowing the condenser to cool down. Most likely, there is a fault with the refrigerant and the system has leaked out just a bit too much from a dried out o-ring.

I'm in Florida and see that a lot from the constant A/C use in states like ours. The A/C stays on all the time and the o-rings dry out and will seep the gas out over the span of a few years to where it just gets a little too low.

Best thing for the ultimate cooling is to have the refrigerant recovered, the system vacuumed down, then recharged to spec. The reason is as the o-ring leaks, it will suck in air as well and won;t blow as cold when you charge it back up. You want oit to cool the cab fast and the best way to do that is with no air in the system so getting it recovered and recharged instead of just adding a can will do the A/C a lot better and the people in the vehicle as well.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy