Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 1999 F 150 which only leaks coolant when the panel

Customer Question

I have a 1999 F 150 which only leaks coolant when the panel switch is off. Water pump is new and not leaking. The leak is below on the right side dripping off a shield south a foot or more of the oil drain plug. Is this something I can fix at home?
Category: Ford
Expert:  ker567301 replied 2 months ago.

Check the coolant hoses going inside the firewall. right near there is a normal place for them to leak because when you turn off the panel switch you are closing off the valve in those hoses right near the firewall. it is most likely going to be a faulty heater control valve attached to those hoses

it is something you can fix at home i would think.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this done from below or under the hood?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

it is under the hood on the passenger's side

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks; we are looking now.

okay great