HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My daughter has a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. She is getting a

Customer Question

my daughter has a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. She is getting a warning light that looks like an exclamation point inside a triangle
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: She says when that comes on the vehicle 'locks up... it feels like it feels when it runs out pf gas
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is a dashboard warning light
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: She is an hour from home. SHe is 10 minutes from a Ford dealer. She took it to an Autozone and they read the code. the code said it had something to do with the hybrid computer.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is most likely to due with a secondary cooling system pump for the hybrid part of the engine, the red triangle is a warning lamp that when it turns on, it indicates a fault of course and puts it into a limited power mode. There are a couple of other possible issues with this lamp being on. It depends on what code is stored. Here is a TSB for an issue with the throttle body for this code. It should be be taken to a dealer to verify what codes are stored and the appropriate repairs made. One repair might still be covered under an open recall campaign if not already done.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

If you need more help with this concern, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.