HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I am working on my friends truck. he thinks he put 15 to 20

Customer Question

I am working on my friends truck. he thinks he put 15 to 20 gallons of gas in it. he headed back to the job site and 40 miles out of town he experienced a large surge in power on an uphill grade.when he got to the job he filled the tank with more diesel the truck seamed to run better. He ran the truck from camp to the jobsite for three days (10 miles at low speed approx.) Then back to town and back to the same hill after toping off the fuel tank with diesel. twenty miles back from town it shutdown on the same hill.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes. more than usual. we thought it was the vg turbo because of low psi. our guess was wrong when we started it up after has a bad knock with no exes blow by so I think we have to go chase an injector
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 08 6.4 250 supercab
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am in research mode, I have heard of a inj balance test. am going to borrow a code reader am and do more digging
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am the mechanic. the truck has 250k+ miles on it has been well matinanced works in dirty conditions (loggers) support truck
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, did he accidently put gas into the diesel fuel system?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but the receipt printer was out of paper so there are no facts
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Ok if that is the case, when the diesel fuel system gets contaminated with DEF fluid of gasoline by mistake, the complete fuel system needs to be replaced, injectors, pumps, everything. Big money job. No work around it. If its running poorly due to gas contamination. You will be looking at a big repair bill to have this repaired.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

If you need more help with this concern, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.