Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 1999 Ford F5 50 with a triton V 10 engine I am

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Ford F5 50 with a triton V 10 engine I am having problems I think with my PCM I have my two second interval for the fuel pump it up but it keeps power running to the tank even without cranking the engine and my scan tool will not connect to read the PCM I would like to find out how to verify it is the PCM before I spend $500 putting a new one in
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I meant to say properly diagnose that ECu so I know is that for sure and if I put a new one and I don't fryer it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also my scanner will not read information off the ECu or even communicate with OBD two
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I also have a low voltage reading 6.8 on the center terminal on the small fuel pump relay it's number to relay on the center poles
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

To understand correctly, you turn the key on and the fuel pump stays activated the whole time with the engine off?

On the diagnostic plug, have you checked it for the power and the grounds on the different points of read? I would test the OBD port and see if you are getting the signals to the port.

CLICK HERE fore a video on how to do that check.

Rule that diagnostic plug out first. If you have no power on the bottom right pin on the plug, the PCM is not sending the chassis power.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you talking about the bottom right plug on the ECM or on the relay I need a little more specification thank you
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

On the OBD port, like it shows in the video. See if you have power on it.

The truck will start and run normally?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.