Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2004 Ford Free Star I bought used. Where can I find

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford Free Star I bought used. Where can I find master code for door lock
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

I'm always disappointed when I hear that the dealer won't just pull the code from the PCM at no charge. It only takes a second. If they won't give it to you, you might be able to find it on your own if the factory sticker is still in place:

1. Get a flashlight and maybe magnifier glasses (if you are farsighted). 2. Kneel beside the drivers seat. 3. Twist and squirm and look under the dashboard, drivers side, high up above the brake pedals. There will be an irritating light shining in your eyes from under the dashboard that you must look past. You must locate some stacked "boxes", the lowest one being a fusebox and the highest one being your target. It will say "Made in Mexico" on a big white sticker with a huge barcode. The box is about 8" X 6" X 2" or so. Near the middle of this big sticker on the far right side of it you will find a series of five adjacent numbers followed by an asteric (*). That's your baby. Get those numbers and write them down. 4. Test like this: Leave the drivers door open and push down the door lock manually. Enter the five digit number. If the door unlocks (it should) you found it!