Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2008 f450, it won't crank at all, it was running I

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a 2008 f450, it won't crank at all, it was running I stop for about an hour got back in to start it and it won't turn over, I notice the anti theft light blinks about 4 times after I take the key out. I'm not sure if that's normal
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: I checked some fuses they were good, how do you reset the computer?
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: F450 6.4 diesal
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I really need to know what direction to go in because the truck is in the middle of no where
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's was hot yesterday and I saw some battery fluid on top of one of the batteries but I tested it and it had charge I also tried to jump it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Does the theft light blink when the key is in the ignition and you are trying to start the vehicle?

It sounds like the PATS systen has triggered the anti-theft in which it has shut the truck down. It can't "see" the keys being used to start the vehicle. This can be due to bad keys, lost programming, bad transceiver, or various other faults. You can sneeze sideways and the system will act up and requore the keys to be reprogrammed. It is a nuisance on these vehicle and very common to occur just as you stated it did.

Your only options are to try and get a locksmith to you that has the Ford programming ability or to tow to Ford to have them program the keys to the truck. You will need 2 keys for the programming so be sure to have both keys when you do so.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Ray M. replied 4 months ago.

Does it sound like it is trying to turn over, how was it running before you shut it off?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.