Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I get fuel rail pressure too gh code and sometimes an engine

Customer Question

I get fuel rail pressure too high code and sometimes an engine warning light. I am 1500 miles from home towing a camp trailer. It started on grapevine hill in souther cal, a very long hot pull. I let it cool down and then reset codes. It runs great until I get in hot stressful situation again and then same signals. What is going on?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Not so good right now
JA: Glad to hear it. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Long hot pull on dessert hill. Got alert on tuner that fuel rail temperature / pressure too high. Then engine warning light. Reset codes on tuner. Traveled about 1000 miles trying to get back home pulling camper. Seems to do well moving on the road. Slow down pulling hill or idling in city traffic, same routine repeats. What is happening. Please advise.
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: Not until this trip or that hill in California. When I go to the hard reset everything works great for a long way.
JA: What year is your California?
Customer: My truck is a 2009 ford super duty diesel.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what is going on. I will have to get a mechanic but hope to make it back to San antonio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The engine loped a little while near top of hill. My temperature gauges stayed cool
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can you do the tests in this link

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris