Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Thanks. Got a 96 e350 with w/c lift installed in rear. Can't

Customer Question

thanks. Got a 96 e350 with w/c lift installed in rear. Can't open rear door: cables disconnected. Cut out license plate holder to get only access possible and still can't figure how to release latch. Dealership quoted 5 hrs labor at $750 with no promise to open it. Can u help?
JA: What year is your E350?
Customer: 96
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am now... Tried power lock unlock, reaching in and manipulating every component I can get to. A I got was loose cables. Ugh.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 months ago.

Hello there is an upper and lower latch on the rear doors that are controlled by cables, you cant get to the inside of the rear door because the wheelchair lift is in the way, can you get your hand on the upper and lower cables to the latches through the access hole you made?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

SO far it sounds like a cable is broken. Sometimes that requires drilling a hole into the door inner side to get a pair of needle nose pliers inside to pop the latch open. This may be needed but I need to work with you through all options first if you can and want to.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris