HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

I changed my transmission and followed the ford recommended

Customer Question

I changed my transmission and followed the ford recommended method of disconnecting the motor mounts and jacking up the front of the engine. This made it easy to access the upper transmission bolts, however I bent the EGR solenoid control bracket. This resulted in a fault code that I corrected by replacing the broken solenoid. Now I have both upper O2 sensors throwing fault codes no voltage. I notice that the upper left and right O2 sensors Y in the harness at the sme place that the EGR bracket was bent. Is there a splice in the Y that feeds both sensors?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, what are the actual codes that are displayed for the oxygen sensors?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
P1131 and p1151
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Before the transmission swap there were no codes
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Ok and when you say you have no voltage at the sensors, is that by looking at the sensor data with a scan tool and dont see the upstream oxygen sensors switching? Or you are testing for power at the sensors? You said there was no signs of damage to the sensor harness? No issue with the wiring harness pinched in between the engine and transmission?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The area that was pinched does no show deformed/ damaged wires not 100 percent about wires to the rear or center of the bundle. Just what the scan tool reads as possible causes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did not measure at the sensors. Will have to get it up on stands to check
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't believe both sensors would stop at the same time so I'm thinking it's wiring
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

I would think so, one common issue is getting the wiring harness trapped in between the transmission and rear of the engine when bolting it back up, this can cause blown fuses, sensor issues you name it. See if it shows the sensor working at all or reading no voltage.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern?