Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Amedee I changed Map sensor and both fuel tank caps the old

Customer Question

Amedee I changed Map sensor and both fuel tank caps the old truck seems to be doing better I am in the process of changing both fuel tanks and fuel pump I have another problem when I am driving with the air conditioner on max or norm the air switches from the vents to defrost mode back and forth continually what can I do to correct the problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me! I am going to leave this question open for other experts. Good luck!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Amedee thanks I will be looking for a response from another expert
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You have a vacuum leak. If the vehicle is running normal and braking normal, then the leak is either somewhere from the booster to the right side of the truck where the line goes in to the dash switch, or there line is broken from the switch to the actuators for box which controls the modes at the air box.

Look for where the vacuum line enter the firewall on the passenger side under the hood then follow it to the brake booster. Make sure there are no breaks in it. That is the most common section to have that line break.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.