Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2006 fx4 power window issue on drivers side. Replaced the

Customer Question

2006 fx4 power window issue on drivers side. Replaced the switch and still won't work. the passenger side works from the passenger switch but not from driver side switch
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Not sure which fuse. The power window looks like the 30 amp circuit breaker according to manual?
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: FX4 F150
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the switch
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The switch for the passenger side window worked for awhile then stopped. Drivers side window is stuck half way down.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases this fault here can be caused by broken wiring leading from the body to the door at the hinge area.If you have not inspected the wiring for any issues this needs done to see if any faults are found.If any issues are found with the wiring the affected wiring will need replaced or repaired.You may have to peel back the wiring loom leading to the door to inspect the wiring for any faults.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete