Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Have 2003 ranger 4.0 4x4 .when driving at 45mph or gher when

Customer Question

Have 2003 ranger 4.0 4x4 .when driving at 45mph or higher when it hit a pot hold the steering wheel shake bad .
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have 2003 ranger 4.0 4x4 at speeds 45 or higher I get steering wheel shake when hit a pot hold. This what i have done so far new front shock ,out tie rod replace replace links on the sway bar.after I did all that it's a little better but still shakes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tires like new, the inter tie rod was not in good shape. And rack has a small leak some were.
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David. How hard did you hit? check the front halfshafts for cv joint damage. check the actual wheel for damage also

you said the inner tie rod wasnt in good shape?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Would you like me to try and help?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed. Do you still need help with the steering gear or ball joint issue?
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris