Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

We are having trouble with our '99 Ford Ranger - new to us.

Customer Question

We are having trouble with our '99 Ford Ranger - new to us. While put in drive it sometimes will only move forward slowly even with gas petal down, or on another occasion it moved only slightly, but the tires spun. Acts as if the e-brake is on..... Reverse is fine.
E-brake is not engaged.
Throws no codes, no warning lights ?
What could it be?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does not move in low gears either during those times...then with a few attempts of reversing or placing in park and then back in gear, it will function normally....
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 7 months ago.

is the rear end locked up?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not think so... there is new work on the rear end. Passed safety inspection and my mechanic said they saw no issue when it was in the shop.

can you jack up the rear of the truck and out it in nuetral and see if the tires will spin by hand