Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2013 Ford Focus 2.0 SE that has the following codes

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Ford Focus 2.0 SE that has the following codes P0087 & P2196 Any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not at all
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Code P0087 indicates fuel rail pressure to low

This can be a cause of:

Restricted fuel filter

Failing fuel pump

Injectors at fault

Most common is a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump

Code P2196 indicates oxygen sensor in bank 1 sensor 1 is stuck reading rich

This can be a cause of

oxygen sensor wiring shorted or damaged

the oxygen sensor itself at fault internally needing replaced

Both of these will need tested/diagnosed to locate and pinpoint the causes here and then from there repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it possible that the O2 sensor could cause the other code ? I scanned it two weeks ago and the only code that came up was the O2 code. I've been out of town and they were driving it while I was gone and when I scanned it today it had both of those codes
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

The oxygen sensor code wont cause the low fuel pressure code.It is possible the low fuel pressure code is causing the oxygen sensor code though as I have seen in some cases before but I suspect on this model these are both two separate issues.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated

Thanks Pete