Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I am trying to add Refrigerant to my 2000 Ford F-150 5.4

Customer Question

I am trying to add Refrigerant to my 2000 Ford F-150 5.4 XLT. I have added and checked pressures all the way back to the Freon 12 days. The fitting I have found appears to be under a small black metallic box. However, I cannot get my hose to fit on the fitting I located. Is there another low side fitting or is a fill fitting located somewhere else? Can you help?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: I cannot get my fitting to lock on. I have two different fittings and I can't get them to seat. One plastic one metal.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the cap protector and attempted to place the fill line on the fitting but can't get it to seat.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Is there a special attachment?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

The low pressure service gauge port valve is located on the suction accumulator/drier, which is located in the rear, passenger's side of the engine compartment. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/EIZVaG

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

If there were any other questions you had on this, or you need freon amounts or anything... please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you find the service port? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!