Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 2001 Windstar with a electrical problem.The rear

Customer Question

i have a 2001 Windstar with a electrical problem.The rear right brake light quit working and my backup sensor quit working also.I was told that there is a module or relay up under the rear bumper that the wiring goes to.I know that Ford does not make this part anymore so what do I do? The van is in great shape and has around 100,000 miles.I live in Charleston.SC and it is very humid and temps. go over 100 degrees here in the summer.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry about one of my details being wrong.The module is in the right rear behind the panel inside the van.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where do you purchase this disc. part? or can you fix the problem without replacement?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have the replacement part coming from EBay. The part is no longer available from the dealer.The Van is at my sisters house. On the other side of Charleston. I have taken 6 ASE Automotive Tech courses so I understand quite a bit about cars .i am no master ASE tech like you though.The van started with no back up sensor beep then it has no right brake light and no rear left turn signal. Does the module replacement have to be reset when we change the part out ? Is this done with the Ford program on a laptop or another type of instrument?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

What part do you have ordered from ebay?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I might have to text in the morning if I do not get ahold of her tonight for part number ok
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

NO problem. I do work all day tomorrow but will be back on line tomorrow night

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sounds good I will forward info to you .... Part will take a few days to get here anyway.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the help
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Your welcome

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Part number that's in the van1F2T13B524BE dealership said it can also show as this disc part 1F2Z13C788CA for 3.8L 2001 Ford Windstar
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for that information. I will do some digging and reply back after work
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.
This number comes back as a module. Which module is this? Engine control module?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No this is a module where the electrical wires plug in for back up beeper and turn signal, brake light etc it is located behind the plastic panel next to the third seat on the right side
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Info on part says that it needs to be reprogrammed by dealer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is that going to be a ford program on a computer program or a type of scan tool?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

YES, that is correct. It will need to be programmed at the Ford Dealership