Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

2010 FORD F250 6.4 TRUCK WILL NOT CHARGE AT FIRST START.

Customer Question

2010 FORD F250 6.4 TRUCK WILL NOT CHARGE AT FIRST START. AFTER ABOUT 1 - 2 MIN. OF RUNNING IT WILL CHARGE AT 13.8V.
IS THIS NORMAL. NO DASH LIGHTS ON DASH SHOULD I REPLACE ALTERNATOR
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

It is normal, I've seen as long as 3 minutes. According to Ford this is for battery stabilization and for the PCM to not unnecessarily overcharge the batteries as they stabilize from the load from starting.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Last Viewed By Customer ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at ‎1‎:‎32‎:‎08‎ ‎PM 5 hr(s) 53 minute(s) ago

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z