Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My son has a 2016 Ford Shelby 350GT. The air conditioning

Customer Question

My son has a 2016 Ford Shelby 350GT. The air conditioning isn't working correctly. It sometimes blows warm air no matter if you have it on the coldest setting setting and on max ac. Then all of a sudden it will start blowing nice fresh cold air. Hes had into Metro Ford in Raynham. They say there"s nothing wrong. I got into car yesterday on a 90 degree day and all it woild do is blow warm air also. What is the problem?. Is there a recall or something. Brand new 60k car and the ac doesn't work at times. Not a good look.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, can you post the 17 digit VIN number for the vehicle? Have you noticed when the ac doesnt blow cold if the ac compressor clutch is off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I assume the air compressor clutch is engaged when I turn ac on. I don know that for sure however it was at a ford dealership and they said nothing was the matter..why do u need the VIN?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

So I can run it through the ford database for any know special service messages or technical service bulletins based on the vehicle build date. You need to verify the compressor clutch is engaged when it the ac is blowing hot air, to see if it is a ac system issue or a possible issue with a temperature blend door. Being a new vehicle, you should not have this issue

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi....I'm bringing it back to dealership tomorrow... was hoping it was something I could share with service dept.. thanx for your help
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Without the vin I cant offer much other than this special service message

SSM 45815 - Various 2011 - 2017 Vehicles - Air Conditioning (A/C) Inoperative - Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0645

2011-2017 vehicles equipped with air conditioning (A/C) may exhibit an A/C system that is inoperative due to lack of A/C compressor engagement and with/with out Powertrain Control Module (PCM) DTC P0645. PCM strategy may disable A/C compressor operation. Install Integrated Diagnostic Service (IDS) Tool and Select>PCM>PCM PID Data>OSC PID>ACC_CMD PID to verify A/C compressor clutch engagement. If the A/C compressor clutch can be commanded, using IDS PCM PIDS Active Commands, PCM replacement will not resolve the condition. Continue with normal updated diagnostics listed in Professional Technician Society (PTS) On-line Work Shop Manual (WSM) Section 412-00.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The previous tech has opted out. Would you like me to try and help with this HVAC control module issue?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.