Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I was just seeing if there was a way to find my 5 digit

Customer Question

I was just seeing if there was a way for me to find my 5 digit factory code without having to go to the dealer.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No is that something a mechanic would have?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford Five Hundred
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Ive looked in the user manual, Ive looked for the sticker that supposed to be in the car but cant find it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The scan tool is the only way to do it for each one is set different.

Sometimes, you can get lucky and find it on the back of the radio, but not often. It just depends if someone had to get the code before and they will write it back there with a sharpie or use a sticker. We do that because it takes 5 minutes to pull the radio with the radio tools instead of the 45 to hook the computer and scan for it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy