Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

The yellow wrench warning light has come on several times

Customer Question

Hi, the yellow wrench warning light has come on several times recently. Each time it appeared I was driving at highway speed in very hot weather. I do not notice any change in my ability to accelerate or any other driving problems when the light comes on.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It is a yellow warning light shaped like a wrench which appears on the left side of the dashboard
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything so far. It has done this in the past while driving long distances on the highway, but always seems to go away.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has been extremely hot here.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

the wrench light is the service required light

as the car ECU is smart enough to register how hard its being driven then the service intervals are variable

drive the car gently and slowly and the the service / oil changes are extended

so the car should continue to function normally its just informing you that its time to have it serviced and replace the fluids

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you