Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer all the dashboard lite are on

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer all the dashboard lite are on but will not turn over ibeleave it's the alarm if so can it be disarmed
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have an after market alarm or remote start installed at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Do you hear a click or any other noises inside the vehicle or under the hood when trying to start your vehicle at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No their is no sound at all
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,this does sound like the security system in your model here is causing this fault.This is either due to the key itself as the issue or a fault with a security component reading the key at fault needing replaced.Unfortunately there is no way to bypass it.The fault with the security component needs diagnosed and repaired to correct this here.

What needs done first is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes are then diagnosed to locate the fault.This has to be done with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that is fully compatible with your model here that can read all computers in your model.

I have seen the key as the issue as well as the immobilizer that reads the key.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete