Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1990 tempo gl...changed all sensors and then the ecm, now

Customer Question

1990 tempo gl...changed all sensors and then the ecm, now have no power to the fuel pump
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent, no click or whirr at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have to do it myself, car sitting in a store lot; can't locate the fuel relay and fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: this repair all started with the motor fluctuating rpm and then dying while driving. also changed the ignition control module
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The problem you are describing with the lack of power to the fuel pump can be caused by any of the following,