A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a lot of debris somewhere in my air intake. Blower

Customer Question

I have a lot of debris somewhere in my air intake. Blower sounds like it's working 100% just no cold air movement. 2012 Ford F-250 xlt 6.7 powerstroke. Can I remove the blower motor and clean it as well as flushing system with water? If so. Can you help locate the blower motor for me?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

The blower motor is located under the passenger side of the dash below the glove box. I do not recommend flushing water through the system as you will have water entering the inside of your truck because the AC system evaporator and case are located under the dash inside the truck.

Do you have air coming out of any of the vents, like the floor ducts, defroster ducts or the dash vents?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm getting cold air off the dash vents. However the high setting is blowing less than the usual low setting

Does the blower speed change any from the lowest speed setting to the highest?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The blower itself seems to be working accurately. However air movement does not change

Does the air flow out of the vents increase when you switch from normal AC to the MAX AC setting. The air flow should speed up when switched to MAX AC.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the air flow does speed up. However I can hear it speed up rather than feel it

How many miles on your F250?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
118000

Ok. This is sounding like the evaporator is plugged up. By this I mean the fins where the air flows through is plugged with dirt and debris stopping up the air flow from the blower fan. You can either have the evaporator replaced or have an AC evaporator service done in which this service applies a foam cleaner between the blower fan and the evaporator and the blower fan forces the cleaner through the fins of the evaporator and washes the dirt and debris off the fins allowing the air flow to return.