Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2008 f150 and have had to replace the starter 4

Customer Question

I have a 2008 f150 and have had to replace the starter 4 times and the flywheel once. When I turn the ignition it grinds and not even start. I have to take out of park and move shifter some times multiple times before it will even start. Becoming worse and worse until I have to replace the starter. I even had to replace the wheel and it was ground off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you having transmission binding issues?

When the flywheel was changed, was it a OEM one from Ford?

Any engine vibration issues?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was not OEM it was very good wheel from a performance shop. Not sure what you mean by binding issues with transmission. It will slip every once and awhile. Not any engine vibration issues.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

Did the flywheels match up by the teeth?

Does the starter act like it stays engaged at all after you start the vehicle or drag prior to this issue getting worse like it did?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

I can't do a phone call so I will opt out for someone that can.

Good day!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** can set up a phone call if you like?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
awaiting call. The screen said continue with my phone number but won't go to the next screen.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
call me
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

It says yiur credit card was declined???