Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

A/C problems Pressure reads good but blows warm, Isnt that

Customer Question

A/C problems Pressure reads good but blows warm
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Isnt that the pressure on the accumulator
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 focus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: found the accumulator fitting. hook up the freon hose with gauge and it read well into the green
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What are you using to check the pressures? Are you using a manifold gauge set taht shows the pressures for both the high and the low refrigerant settings?

Is the compressor spinning?

Are both fans spinning when the A/C is on and the compressor is on?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
compressor is spinning. Used the gauge that is attached to the freon line.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which fans do you mean?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Car radiator fan yes.
heater fan yes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm going back to work on the car. Thanks for nothing.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Please give me a minute to type to you...

If that is the gauge that is used with the small cans from the car parts store, they are not that great to use. They don;t give the whole picture of the system. You can be overcharging your system or have a blockage in the system, then never know either of them.

Do you happen to have a set of manifold gauges? It is important because the blue should be around 40 psi and drop to 30 psi when you are revving the engine with the red less that 250, but above 200 indicating there are no blockages and the compressor is working normally. That little gauge on the can from the auto parts stores are shams. They only tell you there is freon in the system, that's it. That's why I don't like them.

If you have a autozone near you, ask to borrow a set from their free loan-a-tool program and put them on in the parking lot. Then we can see in a matter of 5 minutes what is going on with the A/C system as far as pressures go. This will tell us if the system is overcharged, if there is air, if it is leaking, is there is a blockage, if the compressor is failing internally, etc.

In the mean time, check that the vents are changine and you are switcing from heat to cool. See if the lines are also cold and sweating. You want them so cold they feel like they are freezing your hands.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

It takes me a few minutes to type my replies to you. I am trying to be as through as possible. I understand you are frustrated, but please be patinet so I can give you an accurate and throroguh response. I want you to fix this correclty and right so you are not doing the repair again in a few days.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.