Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2012 F250 diesel engine oil temperature reaches 240 deg F

Customer Question

My 2012 F250 diesel engine oil temperature reaches 240 deg F when towing my RV up hill. Is that ok?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

providing that you're using fully synthetic oil then 240 degrees F is fine as a fully synthetic oil can reach 280 degrees F with no problems

if you live in a hot climate then I'd say to use the thicker of the recommended oil weights such as the 10W30 instead of 5W30

and a b rand such as Fuchs or Motul

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you