Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My automatic lights shut off like normal but now I have no

Customer Question

My automatic lights shut off like normal but now I have no more dim headlights
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes and after they shut off it was only 15 minutes later when i went to leave that they didn't work
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 97 ford explorer
JA: What year is your Explorer?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checked the fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no and the brights work just fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Check fuse 4 under the hood and 4 and 8 under the dash. If those are good the multifunction switch is the most likely failure. If you can do and need electrical diagnostic help I can do that with you to conform your doing the correct repair.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi MooseI had already checked the fuses but did again and replaced that one but no gain. My fog lights work on same system and they work just fine. I stopped for a cup of coffee and auto shutoff worked as usual. When I came back out they no longer worked.HELPThank you

Earlier I asked if you could do electrical testing, but I can not tell from your last reply if that was a yes I can do that or no I can not?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris