Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I just rebuilt the block whole engine pretty much i replaced

Customer Question

i just rebuilt the block whole engine pretty much i replaced the o2 sensors about two months prior to engine blowing truck has been running good since i got motor back in minus a vacuum leak but got that fixed about two days ago now i drove to store came out and truck wont even turn over. ive had these codes on for a while p0136-p0138-p0155-p0156-p01151 but truck hasa been running but today after it wouldnt turn over an start it has another code p1336
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: yes checked them they seem fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 F150 4.2 literv6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and yes i have alot of experience under the hood of all types of cars plus my grandfater has been a mechanic for 50plus years
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats it i think
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When you say it will not turn over does that mean it will not crank or it will crank but not start?

Have you done any of the diag steps for all these codes you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ive done most but what ive been reading and another mechanic told me its more then likely a shorted wire but im thinkin there is alot of these trucks with the same problem that everyone just gives up on but i just put 3000$ in motor and parts so i just need to know what you think i should do
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also yes when i say wont turn over it wont crank i can get it to crank from crossing the solenoid but it still wont actually start just cranks

Thanks, ***** ***** have 2 issues. A no crank and a no start.

With the key on is the check engine light on and the theft light off?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry man im waiting for payday so i cant call you until friday night if you can give me a time for friday ill call you then but until then if you can help me with some ideas i have the cam and crank sensors ordered but i really dont thibk that is what the problem is but yes with the key on the check engine light is on and the theft light is only blinking when the key is off.
I dont know if it matters but the check oil and battery lights are on

Thanks, ***** ***** know how to check the fuel pressure , ignition spark, and injector pulse?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris