Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

There is a whinning noise from the engine area i have

Customer Question

There is a whinning noise from the engine area i have changed both belts it seems to get louder when the truck is moving
JA: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?
Customer: I have changed several belts before the power steering and serpentine belts
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 F150 STX 3.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not been able to pinpoint the location of the noise from under the hood
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Here is how to rule out the belt. Get some litium grease called "belt dressing" spray. Spray it on the belt with the engine running and if the noise stops, the issue is the belt. If not, then start checking the idler and tensioner pulley. You cn spray lithium right into the pulley bearing area or graphite door lube grease. WD 40 works too. If the noise goes away on them, then you know which it is. If it remains, then check the alternator next. It is the next common to cause the noise.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.