Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Looking ford 6 litre diesel guy the truck will not start

Customer Question

looking for a ford 6 litre diesel guy the truck will not start have changed the icp sensor has new high volume oil pump and new oil cooler
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when the icp unplugged it will start but no gas pedal
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have a scan tool or a manual gauge to check the oil pressure in the top of the engine? What codes are you getting?

These engines rely heavily on the scan tool for diagnosing especially since you are getting a start with teh ICP unplugged. You could have a harness issue with the ICP causing the no start. Same as a bad CMP sensor and/or harness causing it as well. Usually when the ICP sensr is unplugged and you start with no issues, there is an issue in the harness or another code is causing the no start.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the only code that came up was p0237 low trubo
this make sence trouble mostly started aftre I replaced the valve cover gaskets
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Low turbo code is either the EBP sensor dirty or plugged (clean the EBP tube), EGR dirty or plugged (Clean the EGR and check the harness), or the turbo vanes are dirty causing them to stick. I would suggest on that if the others are good is to crack the turbo and clean it. It can be done and we do it all the time. It's pretty simple to do.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the EBP senor is new and the tubed cleaned this so I really think it is the harness low turbo would not cause a crank no start
thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

No it won't. No starts are usually oil rail related. If you are not getting codes, for that, I would monitor the oil rail and see what you have. See if there is a lower desired versus actual on the oil, that the FICM shows 48 volts, that the CMP is showing waves, the Sync is good, etc.

But a harness will cause the no start and the low pressure code as well so I would check the harness over.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the truck now starts with the ICP plugged in but now gas pedal
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

No accelerator means the truck is in limp mode. There is a active code in the PCM.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
code now is p2285 ICP low prssure the oil pressure was good when it said low pressure the last time
thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

There is a harness issue going on then. Your return voltage is below the threshold making the truck think the pressure is low.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you know what the voltage should be
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

5 volts in of standard vRef. Returns are below along with the amps.

(PSI) (MPA) Voltage
0 0 .02v
200 1.5 .4v
400 3 0.73v
600 4 .96v
800 5.5 1.2v
1000 7 1.4v
1200 8 1.6v
1400 9.7 1.9v
1600 11 2.1v
1800 12.4 2.3v
2000 13.8 2.6v
2200 15.2 2.8v
2400 16.5 3v
2600 18 3.3v
2800 19.3 3.5v
3000 20.6 3.8v

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.