Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.

Shifter is stuck in park. I've been reading I have to remove

Customer Question

Shifter is stuck in park. I've been reading I have to remove right side panel and reset switch. how does side panel come off - just pull off??
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: trouble code with parking brake, which is non activated
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2014 ford fusion
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just research
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: battery was dead
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

The plastic trim is only clipped in. You have to remove the top strip first, then the side should pop off. You have to be careful because sometimes those clips can be tight. It's best to use a plastic trim tool if available. I am sending a small diagram along that should help. You should also check the brake lights. If they aren't working then you may have blown a stop lamp fuse, if that's the case you can replace it and it should resolve the issue.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

I hadn't heard back from you so I thought I would check and see if you needed any further assistance with this or not?