Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My 2007 Ford Freestyle fan does not turn off it runs on gh

Customer Question

My 2007 Ford Freestyle fan does not turn off it runs on high all the time.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i'm trying to fix it myself... I've tried nothing so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I just need help trying to figure it out
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperDave replied 3 months ago.

Does it still run high with the car turned off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My Ac/Heater fan inside my car.. Not my car engine fan...
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, does it change fan speeds or will only run on high and cut out on other speeds? It wont run on low or other settings?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It runs only on high and doesn't shut off and it only blows hot air. It won't change speeds and the AC doesn't work at all just heat
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Ok, pop out the climate control panel on the front of the dash and unplug the fan switch, inspect it and see if it is melted or overheated. If so, this is the cause of the concern. Replace the fan switch and wiring connector. If this looks ok look at the blower resistor behind the dash near the blower motor for the same issues. If the switch or resistor is melted, it will cause a short circuit and keep the fan running. As for the ac system, does the temperature control seem to change from cooler to full hot air? Does the ac compressor clutch engage and the cooling fans operate? Does the low side ac line(larger line) get cold?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you are still looking for help with this problem

Let me know if I can assist you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
replaced the resistor and the fan turned off. but when you turn it on it turns on then turns off back and forth. And it's just heat.. The ac compressor turns so I have no clue what's going on

I will be honest with you, it seems like this is the point where you may need to take it to a shop that you trust to have them diagnose it. If the compressor is engaging but the air is not cold, and the fan turns on and off by itself, after replacing the resistor, then it sounds like you may have some relatively deep electrical issues. This is most likely what caused the resistor to short in the first place.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you will do
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Would you like me to try and help you resolve this?