Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

I purchased a new F-250 Ford Super Duty about 3 weeks ago.

Customer Question

I purchased a new F-250 Ford Super Duty about 3 weeks ago. On the first night the red light on the dash panel that indicates what I thought was the alarm system is armed flashed all night. Now it doesn't flash anymore and the dealer told me that the 2016 super duty trucks dash alarm light doesn't flash? My question is, then why did it work and why bother installing an LED Light if you are never going to see it/ Any help would be appreciated.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: I haven't checked them because it's a the dealer with less than 500 miles and that is what they just called and told me. They had it for three days and just told me this info.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hadn't planned on fixing it myself because it's new and maybe it doesn't blink. But it did.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No and it's not a huge deal to me except my girlfriend noticed it and said your alarm light isn't blinking anymore. So I figured after paying all this $$$ the alarm should work. I failed to mention I have a 5 year extended warranty. Nothing else to offer.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It does flash. It flashes every 30 seconds to 1 minute. Mine flashes every time I turn the truck off and lock the doors. The interior lights go out and I get a couple of flashes and then a slow flash after. Tell the dealer to quit yanking your chain and fix it.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jeremy, I finally got confirmation from Ford Motor Corp. this morning. According to their engineer the 2016 F-250 Super Duty trucks alarm lights blink only while they are in factory mode. Once they are out of factory mode they no longer blink. It still doesn't make much sense but I have done further research but this is what I am being told by multiple people. I'm sure you have little to do with the billing but being charged in excess of $20 dollars to answer a question is absurd. Thanks for your response.