Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a problem with my 1994 f150 4.9 L, F150 4x4 6cyl, Let

Customer Question

hI
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: HI
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have a problem with my 1994 f150 4.9 L
JA: What is the model of your '94 Ford?
Customer: F150 4x4 6cyl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Let me explain. E40D transmission was damage. I replaced it with another e40d
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: I also change the exhaust system
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes, I eliminate the last catalystic and also a tube that connect one of the vacumm hose to exhaust
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello:Problem: Engine starts well, In idle it works well, but If I accelerate it start to miss (pop pop pop pop) and dont accelerate. In addition, if I accelerate very very slowly I can accelerate it without miss. All of this in PARK. If I change to DRIVE it start to miss (pop pop pop pop) and cannot accelerate neither move.Background: It was working good but Transmission get damage. It was waiting for a transmission for 1 month. I replaced transmission. During the replacement, I modified the exhaust muffler to have the exhaust in front of the wheel. I eliminate the last catalistic and also a tube that comes from vacumm pump and is connected to exhaust near to 1st catalystic. After that nothing that i can remember.I replace TPS sensor but it continues with the problem
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

is there a check engine light on now ?

have you retrieved any fault codes ?

have you checked fuel pressure ?

have we checked spark ,for being a weak spark ? key on engine off 50 to 60 psi key on engine running ( hot idle) 42-52

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yc9eiottl8q0fzb/File%20Jul%2021%2C%206%2007%2002%20PM.png?dl=0

how many miles on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Check engine light is on
I dont have scanner for codes
Fuel pressure is ok with engine off and on.300000 miles

have you looked at catalytic convert when hot ?

does glow red by any chance after it gets hot?

if you put your hand kind close to tail pipe end, do you feel pressure coming out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It get hot but I am not sure what means "glow red"And answer is yes, I feel pressure coming out from tail pipe

i m sorry it means if the temp reaches over 800 degrees that means we have clogged catalytic converter, since we dont have scanner , if gets red it getting way to hot .

the pressure is ok,the problem we cant measure it if it is enough

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello, Catalyst looks goodsSparks plugs were reviewed and were found within tolerance. Spark plug wiring, cap and rotor was replaced.All gas system hose were inspected and nothing rare.And it still with same (pop pop pop) when accelerate