Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2005 ford f150 ac works sometimes but mostly blows hot air.

Customer Question

2005 ford f150 ac works sometimes but mostly blows hot air. The system is charged
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: f150 5.4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check to see if was charged it it. When the compressor comes on it works . I can hear the door acuator working
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

To confirm, the compressor is coming on? What are the pressures showing wit ha set of manifold gauges? Are the lines cold and sweating?

Is the engine fan spinning good?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The compressor came on once and it was blowing cold. But after that it won't come on again. The low side was around 50 and the high side was around 225. The engine fan was spinning good.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Have you checked the electrical to see that there is no issues? Are you getting power to the clutch?

Do you have the manual A/C or the auto temp style electronic A/C?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry had something come up. I will have to wait until tomorrow to deal with this.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

That's ok.

Follow up when you can.

I was asking which system you have to be able to help diagnose the issue.

I'll post up diagrams when you return and I know which system you have to see where the loss of power is if there is no signal going to the clutch.

Have a good night.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had to work on the dishwasher and i got that fixed . So went ahead and changed out the relay on the trucks a/c system and that seem to fix the problem. So i didn't need your help after all. Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Good day!