Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Replace the motor and injectors all 8 ford f-450 6 liter

Customer Question

replace the motor and injectors all 8 ford f-450 6 liter diesel trying to start
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: its a used motor
JA: What year is your F-150?
Customer: ford f-450 2006 6.0 turbo diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying to built de pressure oil gauge and granking
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Check the IPR and make sure nothing go into the screen from the old o-rings on the old injectors.

It does take a little bit of cranking to build the pressure back up. Do you have a manual gauge or the Ford IDS scan tool or something else that can read the live data on the ICP? It will tell you what the engine sees. It needs to see 650 psi in order to start. If you are not getting that, something is wrong.

Also check to make sure nothing was left unplugged by mistake.

I have had 5 minutes of cranking on these engines (not all at once) to get the oil pressure up. Crank for 30 seconds and rest for a 1 minuted then crank again. This keeps the starter from getting burned out.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.