Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Its beeping when I try to start the escape, and won't even

Customer Question

Its beeping when I try to start the escape, and won't even turn over
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It won't turn over and I am not sure about the battery. The lights turn on and blower but that is it
JA: What year is your Escape?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just started googling. I thought about disconnecting the battery and see if that did anything. Maybe jumping it for now?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really, first time this has happened. Only had the car for a few months
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Disconnect the battery, both cables and hold them together for 30 seconds. Make sure they are a safe distance away from the actual battery terminals when doing this.

Make sure the battery is fully charged as well. Check all cables and terminal and make sure everything is clean and tight. After all of this and still no start. You will need a high end scan tool to pull the codes. You could have a problem with the immobilizer system and would need codes to diagnose.

Please reply to this if you need more help, then we can continue this conversation. Please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan