2005 Ranger XL 4.0L 4x4 (110k miles) cranks but will not

Customer Question

2005 Ranger XL 4.0L 4x4 (110k miles) cranks but will not start
Only seems to happen after it has been parked. Changed the inertia switch which has a melted connection. Checked fuse which is fine. Could this be a fuel pump or filter issue? They are original parts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you checked fuel pressure when it wont start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not yet. Someone said to listen for the fuel pump running and I couldn't hear anything when i tried.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

ok, this is nmost likely a bad fuel pump, when they start to go bad, they usually fail after drivig it awhile and then stopping for awhile, and then when cooled down, it restarts, and also can cause a high amp draw on the system, which can melt the connector at the inertia switch, its a very common problem, to verify, you will need to check the fuel pressure when it wont start, if there is no pressure, then check for power coming out of the inertia switch to the pump, if it has power, then the pump is the culprit,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tim let me get back with you after I complete your suggestions
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I get credit for helping, after rating, you can come back to this question at anytime, and ask follow up questions at no charge,Thanks,Tim