Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

While towing a trailer up a ll after entering the ghway I

Customer Question

While towing a trailer up a hill after entering the highway I lost power and the engine quit. 2006 F350 6.0 diesel with 200k miles
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** there are no codes I would check the fuel pressure, the fuel pressure should be at least 45 psi. The fuel pump is mounted on the left frame rail under the drivers side. Also make sure the inertia switch is not tripped also. Let me know what the fuel pressure is, thanks Scott

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is the inertia switch and what is it?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 3 months ago.

It is located under the dash on the RH side, it opens up the fuel pump circuit electrically in case there is a crash to keep fuel from being pumped out all over the ground.